Search This Blog

Monday, May 14, 2012

Taking Shape...

Well, it's about that time for an update of some sorts.
To begin, here's what the fortress looked like before.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

The Stairs along the wall:
Image
Image
Image

The wall for the stairs:
Image



And now, what the fortress looks like recently:

The Gate: (It is incredibly difficult to cut smooth, straight lines or make corners.) :x
Image

Outline of Gate:
Image

Image
Image
Image
Image

To show scale of how big this is:
Image

I still have to take pictures again as I've glued the cut out stairs, the wall, and the towers together.
So that is where it stands to this day. I'm almost to the point where I can start details, then paint it. Emphasis on almost. :x


In modeling news, I didn't make it very far on my scratch-built Sauron.
Here's the first layer that I put on to him:

Image
Image
Image

Scale Picture:
Image

...and now for the present pictures:
Image
Image
Image
Image

My attempt at muscles. Since it's just going to get covered, I didn't finish them.
Image


And some other models I've been working on:
Banner of the Dead: (Model from Natarn)
The colours seem to have been washed out by the lighting. I'll get better ones when I have time. The 2nd pic shows the colour more than the others.
Image
Image
Image

Scale pic:
Image

Edit: Better pictures: (sort of) :?
Image
Image
Image

Merry and Eowyn:
I decided to give Eowyn purple eyes. I don't have any idea why though.
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image
Image

Some Warriors of Rohan:
Image
Image
Image
Image

Haldir's Elves:
This is basically a basecoat of most of the colours, excluding the gold mail and the skin.
The Gold mail is Burnished Gold with a wash of Blazing Orange + Dwarf Flesh.
(In the TT Journey book, it says to use a Flesh Wash. I don't have that, so I improvised. :wink: )
The silver armour will eventually be gold and the blue cloaks will be white. The silver is actually Chainmail + Dwarf Bronze.
Image
Image
Image
Image

Another new project, Khandish Warriors:
Image

What's weird is that the blister came with two weapon arms but was missing the front leg. So now, I need to make it from scratch. Or attempt it rather.
Image


And so, again I'm sorry for such a long post with a lot of pictures.
Please comment. I want to know if my Helm's Deep looks any good. I like it but I like your opinions. 8)
Hopefully I can update sooner than before. We'll see.
Till next time! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment